The reason we are so passionate about helping you achieve proper spinal health is not about pain control. We all know that chiropractic care is great at relieving aches, pains and pinched nerves but don’t miss out on the true benefits of what we can offer.
Once your pain and symptoms are decreased or gone is when chiropractic shines! The pain is just a symptom of a deeper problem. Removing the nerve interference allows the spinal nerve impulses to allow the body to function at it’s best.
The reason we feel the following list is so important is underscored by a recent peer reviewed study done by Spine Journal. In this study it demonstrated that the two main factors that determine how well patients responded with chiropractic care was 1. Spinal flexibility 2. Multifidus muscle strength i.e core strength.
The following is a short list of extremely affordable products and concepts that will help with assist with Dr. Swanson’s spinal adjustments, your response and overall health.
- Trigger Point Foam Roller- “The Grid”. ($32 on Amazon). You all want a traction table at home right? Well, this is the next best alternative. It will help keep your muscles and tendons relaxed between your appointments.
- Lacrosse Balls. ($10 on Amazon). This is one step up from the foam roller, but it will allow you to pin point the tight muscles and make your adjustments much more effective! They are much more dense than a tennis ball, but your body will love it!
- Sitting Disc ($24 on Amazon). For all the techies and desk warriors out there this will make sitting at work fun! Well, maybe not but It will help you have better posture and keep the mobility in your spine and pressure off your discs.
- Chiroflow Water Pillow ($58 on Amazon). We all know sleep is so important, so why not have a great pillow to make sure you don’t wake up with headaches or pain?? This is the #1 Chiropractic recommended pillow on the market. Dr. Swanson has personally used this pillow for the past 18 years.
- Fitness Blender.com; FREE! In addition to chiropractic you need to do your homework in the form of exercise. This is a totally free site done by personal trainers. There are over 500 online videos you can do at home with little or no equipment. Search by core, yoga, pilates, barre, abs….
- Personal Training/Workouts: If you prefer to have more accountability in your workouts here are a few local options to check out! We have many patients that utilize these different facilities and have had great things to say! Check them out and see what fits your style best!!
- 9 Round Boxing- Cedar Park 512-506-9339 – Cypress Creek Rd.
- Forward Motion Training- 512-632-9911 Twin Creeks Country Club
- Cross Fit Cedar Park -512-331-0992 – Cedar Park
- Pure Barre 512-599-7979 -Cedar Park
- Orange Theory – Various Locations around Cedar park
- Lauren Majewski Health Coach – Local Cedar Park Online Health & Fitness Coach
If you have any questions please contact our office to see Dr. Jeff Swanson at 512-335-0641 or online at www.cedarparkchiro.com